Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Cheney Chefs




We have been cooking a new recipie every night, and it just happened to be German pancake night, and we failed! Oh well! We have loved using Chelsea's cookbook she made us and a few other cook books we recieved as gifts. We have made pork chops that were "yum yum" and lemon spaghetti that was to die for! We loved it and made so much we had enough for a few days!! Sunday we had the missionaries over for dinner and we made homemade pizzas for them. They were good, but I don't think great. Ben is so sweet to tell me how great things are, but I really think he can eat just about anything! Our most recent cooking adventure brought us to Quiche. I have never made Quiche, but am in love with eating it. Last night we made it, but we couldn't do one of the important steps (cook it in the microwave for ten minutes before cooking it in the oven. The pie tin we have is aluminum and we didn't want fireworks in our new microwave, so we were worried it wouldn't cook, but IT DID!!! We left it in the oven for 15 minutes more than called for and two beautiful quiches came out of the oven!! Our next adventure (after we finish off the quiches) will be Rocky Mountain Salad!

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog, I'm glad you're in the family now Stacie! Cooking can be quite the adventure for a while, I still make some "interesting" mistakes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete