Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hebrews 12:1-2

"Let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith”. 
I went to an awesome Women's conference that my awesome stake put on saturday, and this was a scripture that was shared that was an "ah ha moment" as Oprah would say.  Have you ever showed up to a church activity dressed wrong?  Well I was in my capris and bright colored shoes early saturday morning all ready to go to the women's conference.  I couldn't remember what the dress code was, so I researched online at our stake website to see if I could find more info.  I did have a flyer once, but gave it away to someone else... well long story short, I showed up and saw all the ladies getting out of their cars in dresses.  I thought about going home to change, but it is a 20 minute drive.  I did a full circle around the parking lot, and started to pull out, but decided to see what Ben thought first.  He is so sweet and ofcourse supported my coming home or staying there.... I quickly said, "This is silly, who cares how I'm dressed" and I pulled in again to the chapel building. 
As I got out of my car- sweet Cathryn Parker pulled into a spot and yelled from her window "stop stacie".  I thought to myself, "well maybe she has a skirt to let me borrow".  She got out of her car and was wearing pants!!! We laughed really hard, about the fact we both were underdressed and went inside together with our heads held high anyways.  We did some (not so silent) celebrations when we saw others who didn't get the memo either and were wearing casual clothes.  What a great day!  I heard a great scripture and also got to spend some time with a great friend.  Thanks Cathryn!

No comments:

Post a Comment