Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mystery Dinner Date

 A month or so ago there was a sign-up sheet passed around in Relief Society.  It said, "willing to help with activity and not be afraid to be in front of a group of people".  I signed Ben and I up, really not even knowing what the activity would be.  A week later we got a call from Lana in our ward informing us of the activity we signed up for.  Little did I know, but I had signed up for a performance for a ward adult date night.  Luckily Ben is awesome and loves to dress up too, so he went right along with all the fun. 

The theme of the night was a "Mystery Dinner to find the Title of Liberty".  Ben was a Hispanic laborer on an archeological dig site and I was a preservationist of ancient ruins.  Ben had a great accent, and his character actually was the one who had encountered the Title of Liberty and a testimony of the gospel. 
 We had such a fun cast and crew.  The two ladies in the back directed, decorated and managed the night, and the husband and wife on the right are the ones who created and wrote the "play" 20 years ago.  We had awesome Mexican food and great company the entire night.  We love our ward family!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for inviting us! You guys did great and we had a fun time. I could've eaten the chips and salsa all night.

    ReplyDelete