Saturday Ben and I went to the HMNS in houston. A few months ago we went for the first time and got a year long membership because we knew we would want to be back. We were right! After spending a few hours our first visit, we barely saw a third of the museum. This time we went through the butterfly experience (which is always there, but we hit it on a great day because the sun was shining and the butterflys were super active). We walked through the educational part of it, and were just like two kids in a candy store. Our favorite part was the cacoon area where we saw butterflies hatch right in front of us.
After the butterflies, beetles, hissing cockroaches, iguanas, and crazy stick bugs- we went through the special Pirate exhibit. There are rotating exhibits that are only there for a few months, which makes it worth it to be a member because you get a discount to get into them. The pirate exhibit was INCREDIBLE! I'm really not a pirate fan, but I could see Ben's face light up- so ofcourse I went along, but when we got in there... I was shocked. This was a real pirate ship that really was discovered. We saw all of the spainish coins, which claims to be the ONLY pirate treasure ever discovered. The cool part at the end was learning how it was discovered and brought up to the surfice. No pictures were allowed, but look up info on the Whydah pirate ship, and I'm sure you'll see cool stuff.
The coolest frog ever!
One of the many butterflies we saw in the Butterfly Room
I don't think you can see them, but there are tons of Butterflies flying all around- it was so awesome!
This shot took some extra work, because the camera is propped up on a rock wall. We are lucky it worked, but oops we are blocking the view of the waterfall. What a great adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment