Thursday, October 22, 2009

Houston Rain = wet feet

I just wanted to express my feelings concerning rain that comes down in sheets of solid water. It would not be so bad if I didn't have to drive in it, walk in it, wade through the puddles it makes, and it definately would not be so bad if I didn't have to stand in it for over an hour at work. This is what has happened to be twice this school year.

I do "car rider morning duty" everyday. This is actually one of the most eventful parts of my day because I deal with cranky parents and half asleep kids. twice this year it has rained- horribly- during my duty in the morning. Luckily they give us ponchos and umbrellas to help keep us dry. What I do is open the car doors of the cars and welcome the kids to school as they get dropped off. Today was a rainy day and the poncho and umbrella only kept my upper half dry. My feet were soaked to the core. I had every intention of using one of my 10 paid vacation days and going home, but I thought, well I have nothing to do at home, so I shall stay.

I stayed and put on my black sandals that I had in the car. I had the sandals because in order to leave my house this morning I had to wear them, roll up my pants and wade through the puddles outside my apartment. I looked so funny wearing sandals all day. They are illegal/against the dress code at my school. I did get approved from the principal to wear them (thanks dad for teaching me that your "pal" is the principal to help me remember how to spell that word).

enough about the rain... go on and read something more interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment