
From the time I took my cooking class in 2008 at BYU I have wanted a white kitchen aid. I knew it would only be possible if I got married. So I set out to find myself a MAN! Haha. No not really... but I really did want a kitchen aid after I took the class. Ben knew I wanted one, but I told I wouldn't get it until we had everything else we had and then if we had Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards left I would love to have one. The time finally came... and instead of running to the store to get it, I cried. I cried like a baby! I didn't cry because of joy, I cried because I felt so stupid spending so much money on a thing- a kitchen thing. Who have I become? I was feeling so materialistic and silly. Ben helped calm me down and kept reasuring my decision to buy one by telling me all of the good I will do with it- all of the people I can bake for- all the bread I can give away. This may sound silly, but what Ben said actually made me stop crying and I felt much better about my decision, so we ran to the store and bought it! I've already made mashed potatoes for shephards pie and pizza dough for the potluck we went to for conference. I know it is silly that I cried for feeling guilty, but I really do feel so incredibly blessed that I have this amazing machine to make my life a lot less messy and a lot easier to cook. HOORAY FOR HUSBANDS AND KITCHEN AIDs- in that order!
Good choice, I must say, I love my hubby and kitchenaid too!
ReplyDeleteSomeday I will be as privileged!!! I mis you BF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ben too!!
ReplyDelete