Ben and I are living in the same apartment as we have this past year (our first year) in Texas. The only thing that has changed now is that we are in a new ward- The Glenn Loch Ward. We are excited about this new adventure, as it means new challenges and more friends. Today at church we heard two great talks from a couple who have changed wards MANY times while living here in this area. Change really does mean great things for the church here, because it means membership has increased. Where there once was 1 ward 20 years ago, there are now 9. The Bishop was busy extending callings today and made the comment/joke when extending congrats to the newest 8 year old baptized yesterday that he too would "get a calling soon". Another comment was made that we would all have "multiple callings" now. Ben and I are excited to learn new things, but also a little nervous about being in a new ward, which is so incredibly tiny. The overflow in our last ward was ALWAYS full, today in our new ward, the chapel had a lot of empty pews with absolutely no overflow.
Not only do we attend a different building now, we go at a different time- 8:30 am. We love the new time, but today when we got home I looked at Ben and said, "I need a calling, what am I supposed to do today?". He rattled off a great list of things to do today, but it is so weird to have so much time on Sunday.
hey cool guys! I was wondering what happened. Let us know all your callings when you get them.
ReplyDelete