Sunday, July 17, 2011

Oma's Visit to Texas


Mom was there our first Sunday in our new ward (we hadn't moved into our house just yet though).

Our first night in our new house we busted out the sparkling cider!

Mom made Ben the happiest boy/new home owner in the world and bought him his first drill.

Our friends from Dallas came down for 4th of July.  This was our breakfast that morning and I think might even be Ben's creation.

We went to the waterway with David and Laura brown (down from Dallas) and of course not just little kids played in the fountains.

Mary was able to come over twice to visit with mom.  They even went out to a movie!
This was the concert we went to on the 3rd of July.  Complete with cannons but no fireworks (there was a ban in our area because of the drought).

David and Laura (who is also as prego as I am) watching the concert.   My feet swelled the most they ever had that night- and luckily that was the only hot and humid night Mom had to deal with.
Mom came to visit for two weeks and I was very sad to see her off at the airport.  We had so much fun packing and unpacking together- and let's not forget cleaning too.  She was our Angel and rock star for the two weeks- doing anything and everything.  We went to lots of friends houses for dinner and had lots of friends over while she was here, and I think she understands more and more why we love Texas (it's all about the people).  She's coming back for the baby and I can't wait.  I don't think I've ever had her all to myself before and I just loved every minute.  I also don't think I've ever cried so hard at the airport as I did when she left.  Luckily Ben has amazing shoulders to cry on.  We love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment