I keep getting the strangest feeling that no one looks at our blog. With this said, I think I'm okay to just post some thoughts and not post any pictures. What is that you say? You are looking at our blog? Well then, I apologize, but suggest writing a few comments now and again so I know at least someone is sneaking a peak into our lives. You don't have to-but if you do it just might motivate me to post a bit more.
I've been writing in a baby journal about our adventures and my feelings while pregnant, so I haven't done a great job of posting much in this blog. I am now 36 weeks along and am still in shock that I'm pregnant. Even though little Ada just kicked me just now, I still feel a bit in shock that she is going to come out. Ben and I took a 4 week class at the hospital that was AWESOME! We learned so much about labor, delivery, anatomy, post partum, nursing, medicine, emotional as well as physical support from the husband and best of all we feel a bit more prepared to bring Ada into the world. We made great friends, learned a lot about eachother's needs and expectations and had a tour of the hospital where she will be born. One of the sillier parts was when Ben was laying on the hospital bed and the instructor was going over the C-section routine and she handed the baby to me, which I dropped about 2 minutes later. The joke of course the next week was, "Stacie, don't drop the baby".
This pregnancy journey has been AMAZING! I have loved being pregnant and yes, we plan on this happening again. Ben has been extra loving, if that is even possible, during the pregnancy. I am still amazed at how well he treats me and how supportive he is during this sometimes emotional time.
Another glimpse into how awesome Ben is- He wouldn't type this story himself... so I will. Yesterday he helped our new neighbor a few houses down (who are members of the church and were in our last ward... we basically moved into our houses the same month). Well anyways... Matthew is 10 and his Dad doesn't live with him. He is part of cub scouts and bought the space craft for the space derby (like the pinewood cart derby). Ben went over to help him get it ready. Sweet Ben had never made one before either, so they learned together. By the time it was time to go to the derby it still wasn't finished. They took it to the derby anyways and got last minute help there. Well- guess who won the derby? Matthew!!! He got first place. His spacecraft wasn't painted or fancy... but it worked great! I didn't know Matthew won until he and his mom stopped by the house on their way home, (Ben was still at the church playing basketball) and there was Matthew with his certificates and a huge smile. I couldn't believe it!! I gave him a high five and a hug. It brought a tear to my eye.... I love the love my husbands shares with everyone! Especially this sweet boy Matthew, who wouldn't have even gone to the activity had he not gotten the help from Ben is making the spacecraft. Ben is amazing and I'm so excited to see him teaching our children through that same love he showed to Matthew.
I check out your blog every time you post anything; sorry about not commenting more often, but we're pretty busy over here with two little ones. Love how much you're enjoying your pregnancy! It's even better once they're here. :)
ReplyDeleteI read your blog :) Yay for pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteI still read your blog too! I'm so glad you guys are finally our neighbors. We love having you around the corner. I'm happy that your pregnancy has gone so well and can't wait for baby Ada to be here!!
ReplyDeleteThanks ya'll.
ReplyDeleteI always do! Bf forever duh!
ReplyDelete