Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy 2 years to us!

Updates:

1. Ben and I will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary on Monday August 8th.  Ben is more and more amazing to me.  His gentle heart and kind words are exactly what I need.  A lot has happened in this past year- Ben's first year as a high school teacher, building our first house and all the wonderful things that come along with being pregnant.  We realized I've been pregnant for almost half of our marriage (well only 9 months of it- but still).  We are so happy to be welcoming baby Ada into the world this month (or the beginning of next).  I love being pregnant and wouldn't have the pregnancy go any other way.  It has been wonderful (let's cross our fingers they all go this well).

2. Ben got a lawn mower and weed wacker- so he is LOVING taking care of the yard.  He actually really does love it!

3. Ben put together the grill that was gifted to us and hasn't stopped grilling since he and some great friends helped him put it together.  

The first time the grill was used.  A view from the inside out.

Turkey Burgers and Veggie kabobs

Look at the smile on that face.  Kim and Jacob are looking at it too, but I'm bummed we didn't get a picture of them.

4. I have been called in the Relief Society Presidency and am VERY excited about it.  To some it seemed odd that I would be given this calling a month before the baby comes, but to me it is perfect timing.  This is what I really need to grow right now as a sister and mother. 

5. I baked bread!  I've baked this recipe before, but this time I went a little overboard (on purpose).  Ben and I went on a date delivering bread.  It was a lot of fun to do and we got to know some more people in our new ward. 

We are always up for an adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on almost 2 years! :) Time flies when you are spending time with the one you love! I can't believe Ada will be here so soon! Good luck and enjoy your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete