Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Our little love!

Ben and Ada both love this time together. 

I'm guilty, I enjoy dressing her up.

Tummy time turned into tummy nap time... don't worry I was right there with her the whole time.

I walked in to check on her during her nap and she was raising her hand.  I seriously think she dreams about going to school. 
Some of the things I have learned while being a mom:
1. The 5 S's really work and I love them.  She is one happy baby because of it!
2. Ben is the best when it comes to getting her to sleep in the evening. 
3. Huggies Newborn diapers are not my friends - but Pampers and the Walmart brand are! (Target brand is the next experiment).
4.  The most important thing I've learned is that I have a lot to learn- and I love every minute of this learning process!

3 comments:

  1. You'll have to fill me in on the 5 S's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing. What are those 5 S's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 5 S's are from the book "The Happiest Baby on the Block" by Harvey Karp.
    1. Swaddling- tight wrapping (which Ada doesn't do anymore)
    2. Side/Stomach- This helps with getting her gas out and calms her so quick
    3. Shushing- SUPER loud
    4. Swinging
    5. Sucking- sucking on anything from your nipple or finger to a pacifier.

    The key is to do more than one of these at a time and it triggers your babies "calming reflex"

    ReplyDelete