Monday, July 12, 2010

Girls Camp 2010















Yes, I went to girls camp- AGAIN!  This girls camp was a new experience for me because it was in Texas and at a boy scout ranch.  Well- needless to say there was a  lot of the same songs and traditions that I grew up with, which was a lot of fun.  Some of the new adventures were:
1. Camping in canvas tents that are open at the bottom (rain and bugs enter at will)
2. Camping while feeling the rain of a not so far distant tropical storm
3. Eating from a staffed kitchen- which by the way I would have loved to have the Yuba City women cooking the food rather than the boy scout staff anyday
4. Waking up at night to help out sick campers or driving them up the road to the nurse
5. No camp fires- they just aren't allowed. (except for when it was raining and luckily the bishopric brought a quick fire log for our last night).
6. Sleeping on a cot (good thing because our tent let the water in on the floor)

Needless to say, IT WAS A BLAST!!!! We had a lot of fun and I wouldn't have changed any of it (except for my soggy feet).  I loved spending time with the YW and the leaders.  We all played the "cup game" and "big booty" enough to have the songs permanently ingrained in our minds.  I'm looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment