Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let Freedom Ring!



July3rd:  I came home from girls camp and after spending a few days in a tent with me Kim still wanted to be my friend.  Ben and I went over to their house for a BBQ and then off the Pavilion for a free patriotic concert from the Houston Symphony and the Texas Tenors.  We were so happy to find out they give out free lawn chairs !  The ladies took a picture with the Texas Tenors (you may recognize them from America's Got Talent) while the husbands took the picture! 








July4th:  We went to church and then over to the Mitchell's for a rib dinner.  Ben and I made Cheney rolls for the first time and they actually turned out!  They may never be as good as Mom's but at least they came out edible.  It was so fun to be with great friends and their new baby! After dinner we met up with over 80 members (most from our ward) and watched the city fireworks.  The family I nanny for was at both the activities we went to this past weekend, so it was fun to see "the boys".  Jayce is on the left and Jaeden on the right (Jackson is not in the picture).  It was so nice to spend so much time with Ben after being gone for 4 days at girls camp last week.What a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. So fun Stacie! How fun to go to a concert. I keep seeing things all over for advertisements for concerts... maybe I should check them out. Hope you continue to have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacie;
    Thank you for sending your blog site. It was very well done. I am so glad that you and Ben are having a blast. Sheryl and I still have great times together and are young at heart. I have very fond mememories of you as a young adult and institute. Thank you again and continured best wishes.

    Stephen (Towers)

    ReplyDelete