Friday, July 16, 2010

Prepared!

I have been VERY impressed to write a blog concerning "being prepared".  It might have to do with the fact that I now live in hurricane country, or that every news clip that I see on TV has me on edge, or that I just simply like being prepared (I call myself a "preventionalist"). 
We have the best Relief Society in the world (i'm convinced).  They have successfully given monthly workshops on being prepared and I have to honestly say our ward "cannery specialist" is inspiring and amazing!  Ben and I now have a month supply of food storage for each of us that we canned and packed ourselves at the local cannery hear in Houston.  We have up to date 72 hour kits and a family emergency plan.  We have a bit of water storage (not yet near the amount we will need- but we are doing our best).  I've learned about canning, cheese waxing, food storage accessories, 72 hour kits, grab and go boxes and the list goes on and on.  I have read countless blogs and websites about numerous preparedness topics and I feel like there is so much more to learn.  I write this blog encouraging all of you out there (which may be only one or two) who read this blog to check out the helpful websites I have posted on my blog.  They will help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment